About this project
Organization of a series of events dedicated to the memory of the outstanding Russian artist Petr Efimovich Zverkhovsky.
In 2022, Pyotr Efimovich Zverkhovsky (1943-2020) was to turn eighty years old… Our project is dedicated to the memory of this outstanding Russian artist, who lived and worked in Volgograd since 1973. All the project events are aimed at popularizing Petr Zverkhovsky’s art – primarily among modern Russian youth. Support for Russian art, the preservation of the artistic heritage and the bridging the gap between different generations of Russian artists, as well as ensuring the continuity of the common Russian cultural space – these are the goals of the Seven Winds Foundation in all its activities.
The close friendship and collaboration between the Seven Winds Foundation and Petr Efimovich Zverkhovsky began more than fifteen years ago and continued until the death of the artist. Over all these years we have together organized a lot of exhibitions in various cities of Russia, including expositions at the Volgograd Mashkov Museum of Fine Arts, Saratov State Radishchev Art Museum, the Central House of Artists on Krymsky Val (New Tretyakov Gallery), the Moscow Manege Exhibition Center and a number of private galleries, published an art album, shot a animated docu film presented at several international film festivals and received the Grand Prix of the Independent Film Festival in Barcelona.
Together with Petr Zverkhovsky we really did a lot – but not all that was thought up and planned. In this project, we continue to work – with his amazing works and his imaginary worlds.
Our project includes several events, the main of which are: an exhibition of Petr Zverkhovsky’s works from private collections (Volgograd Mashkov Museum Exhibition Hall, August 2022), an immersive exhibition of works by Petr Zverkhovsky from his antique series (Exhibition complex of the Volgograd Mashkov Museum, September 2022), a creative competition in memory of Petr Zverkhovsky for art schools students (October-November 2022) and a chamber exhibition of selected paintings by Petr Zverkhovsky from the collection of the Seven Winds Foundation in the LOFT1890 (December 2022).
The Year of Zverkhovsky project is not only a tribute to the memory of the outstanding Volgograd painter and a bridge connecting different generations of Russian artists. It is aimed at further development of the cultural life of Russia and the Volgograd region.
- May-June 2022 “Invented portraits and distant landscapes” – a virtual exhibition of watercolors by Petr Zverkhovsky from the collection of the Seven Winds Foundation.
- July 2022 “A new future for a bright past” – mosaics by Soviet artists in public spaces in Volgograd and the Volgograd region by muralists Pavel Shardakov, Mikhail Pyshta, Gennady Chernoskutov and others – with a special emphasis on the monumental works of Petr Zverkhovsky made in 1970-80. Public discussion on this topic in the creative business space LOFT1890 (Volgograd, street 10th Division of the NKVD 5A).
- August 2022 Exhibition of works by Pyotr Zverkhovsky from private collections in the exhibition hall of the Volgograd Mashkov Museum (Volgograd, Chuikov st. 37). Art curator: L.A. Yakhontova.
- August 2022 Screening of the animated documentary film “Escape from Troy”.
- September 2022 “Inland Sea / From Troy to Ithaca” (working title) – an immersive exhibition of works by Pyotr Zverkhovsky (antique cycle of the 1990-2000s) from the collection of the Seven Winds Foundation and the collection of the artist’s family in the exhibition space of the Volgograd Mashkov Museum (1st and 2nd tiers of the former Central Department Store, Volgograd, Pavshih Bortsov Square, 2).
- October 2022 “Saint Christopher” – a one-day exhibition of the Petr Zverkhovsky’s last work in the Volgograd Maxim Gorky Regional Library. (Volgograd, Mira st. 15).
- October-November 2022 Art competition in memory of Petr Zverkhovsky for art schools students.
- November 2022 “Light in the night. The Artistic World of Petr Zverkhovsky” – public access to a set of multimedia files based on the works of Petr Zverkhovsky (animation + augmented reality).
- December 2022 Presentation of a book of memoirs about Petr Zverkhovsky.
- December 2022 “The Enchanted Wanderer” – a chamber exhibition of selected paintings by Peter Zverkhovsky from the collection of the Seven Winds Foundation in the creative business space LOFT1890 (Volgograd, 5A, 10th Division of the NKVD).
- Volgograd State Mashkov Art Museum
- LOFT1890 Creative Business Space
- VRO VOOPIIK
- Level 18 Art Gallery
- Department of Culture of the Volgograd region